Monday, November 28, 2011

Tis the season ~ Opening the "Shoppe"

The calendar tells me it's November 28th.  The thermometer tells me that it's Indian summer - the temp was 65 degrees today!  All of our snow is melting and we have mud........each year it seems Mother Nature cannot make up her mind when it comes to winter - is it or isn't it?  We are prepared....and I would really love a white Christmas :) 
The sheep and chickens are very happy to have bare ground again.  The chickens spend their days out pecking and scratching.  The sheep looking for a blade of grass that they may have missed the day before.  Keeps them busy and out of trouble. 

We had a busy post thanksgiving weekend.  We are preparing to open our "Shoppe" each weekend for the month of December.  Working full time leaves me little time for my sweet little shoppe.  I do love spending time there and am really looking forward to being open.

Yesterday we trekked through the woods tipping balsams, spruce and white pine.  We are making and selling wreaths this year.  It's been quite some time since I have made wreaths and it was so enjoyable to be in the woods.  The air was so fresh and it was so quiet.  We are offering 18" wreaths with a bow and pine cones.  The photo below is the wreath we are offering.  I'm hoping to make a few after work each night and have a nice selection for the weekend. 


Our new pullets are finally laying.....farm fresh eggs are available as well as beautiful, soft hand dyed yarns and roving from our sheep.  Jewelry, greeting cards, framed and matted photographs along with many other items are available in the "Shoppe".   Our hours are Saturday and Sunday from 10 - 3.  Stop in and enjoy a cup of mulled cider with us.  We would love to see you! 

Wishing you all a happy, productive week. 

Cheers!
Deb








3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Oh how I wish I could drop in! It sounds so lovely...

Deb said...

I wish you could Nancy!! It would be lovely to have you :)

Michelle said...

I found your listing on Local Harvest today and thought I would contact you regarding a new Farmers Market that we are starting in Naples. The Market will be located on the Village Green on Thursdays 10am-2pm starting May 24 thru Sept 6. If you are interested you can email me at: naplesfarmersmarket@hotmail.com. We are on Local Harvest as well.
You farm looks Fabulous!!!